cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userWvdJM0JLu5
Constellation

Bixby

How can Bixby be completely eliminated on Samsung S9?
3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bixby

You cant offically remove bixby you can remap the bixby button and turn off the Bixby Home screen if you want you.  The only way to do something like your referring to be to use a package disabler but you would need to join some place like Sam Central for help with that .

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Samsung Care Ambassador

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Samsung_LWkg9aE
Astronaut

It seems all I can do is repeatedly go into apps and force stop it, but it continues to reinitiate both Bx Home & Bx Voice. On the S9 the Bx button can only be restricted to a double tap to activate, but this requires Bixby to be running. I hope Samsung's developers come to recognize that not everyone wants an assistant service and will release a package that allows us to disable or erase it. I would hate to have to abandon Samsung just because I don't want an assistant.

Comet

I'm not sure I'm clear here. I almost never see Bixby, after changing the key to double-press and shutting off the left panel. Is Bixby somehow still intruding on your experience, or are you just concerned that it might be running in the background and either using resources or perhaps listening?

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic