cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Black Screen of Death??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own a Galaxy s9+ and recently fell upon a new black screen of death problem. I have researched all over this internet and can't find anything on the my problem. 

The screen is black/won't turn on and my LED notification light is permanently glowing red, not the standard blinking blue.  I have tried everything, from plugging my cell into my laptop with smart switch, laptop/smartswitch won't detect it.  Force reset holding down the volume rocker and the power button. 

I am currently waiting to see if the plug into the wall and force reset will do it....

I called T-Mobile and they said it's a fissure and air got under the screen and i'll have to replace the phone? I find it hard to belive, that over the phone, something that is not showing up online anywhere, this random guy can answer like this, w/out looking at my phone. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Black Screen of Death??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend having it evaluated by a certified technician. You can always check with your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend having it evaluated by a certified technician. You can always check with your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever find out the problem?  What was the fix?  I'm having the same problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

no good news. Got a second opinion at another store I trust, I forget the reason behind it, but because of the insurance I have, plus it was still under factory warranty,  I paid about $5 for a replacement 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you suspect that happen to your phone?