cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chocorella
Asteroid

Black text on dark background -- can't read anything

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After a firmware update, the notifications on my paid dark theme are now in black text, making it literally impossible to read. I have to switch to the default theme and then use the Night Mode because I cannot stand white backgrounds. But this is not ideal because I want to use the theme that I've paid for instead of having to stick to the default. Restarting the device doesn't change anything, and neither does switching to other themes -- all of the ones with dark backgrounds with have black text colours so you can't read them. Is there any way to get it back to normal?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chocorella
Asteroid

Re: Black text on dark background -- can't read anything

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: after the latest update on my S9 (update build G960FXXU3CSD4), the problem is now fixed. Guess it was a bug? Nonetheless thank you for all the help!

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you purchase the theme from the google play store or the galaxy store?

chocorella
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi! I purchased it from the Galaxy store
Samsung Care Ambassador

You can wait for your theme to get updated to Pie.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can wait for your theme to get updated to Pie.

chocorella
Asteroid

Re: You can wait for your theme to get updated to Pie.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's already updated tho Smiley Sad on the day I upgraded to Pie I reached out to the theme developer, who said that all his themes are already ready for Pie. And it was working fine right until this update (not sure if I can link here but https://i.imgur.com/SZx5Zib.png) then the text started being black on my black background, instead of automatically detecting the dark bg and adapting like it used to.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@chocorella Does this issue still appear in safe mode?

chocorella
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't seem to apply themes in Safe Mode. When I hit Apply, nothing happens, so I can't test it...

chocorella
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: after the latest update on my S9 (update build G960FXXU3CSD4), the problem is now fixed. Guess it was a bug? Nonetheless thank you for all the help!

Samsung_rojPBr2
Astronaut

The Galaxy store in the Play Store 2 different applicatio...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Galaxy store in the Play Store 2 different applications so be carful some phones are picky