JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blocked Calls Notification Sound

(Topic created: 03-18-2019 03:20 PM)
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I never noticed this in the past, but since the upgrade to Pie on my S9, I've been hearing the default system notification sound whenever the phone blocks a call based on my blocked caller list. I tested this by blocking a known number and calling myself and confirmed I get an immediate notification sound and an icon in the notification bar. The notification tile when expanded takes me to a settings page that includes a slider for blocked call notification sounds, but will not permit me to turn that option off. I'd prefer to see the visual notification next time I am looking at my phone, or even on the AOD and lock screens, without receiving an audible notification. How do I either turn off the notification sound or assign a unique sound to this notification?

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
user62JpOzzaj3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me on a Note 10+. After long pressing, a new menue popped up allowing "silent" notofication for blocked calls. HUGE help! Thank you!

0 Likes
user5wiCYkBlFD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is the process that worked for me with the version of the settings tree/ path in my Galaxy 10+.  Thanks @requa !

0 Likes
HBMFIT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks this worked on the Galaxy S10 too...it was annoying the heck out of me 🙂

0 Likes
heathur30
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for this! I have one blocked number that calls incessantly and the notifications were driving me nuts! 

0 Likes
kasmith1017
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This does not work for me.  I went to the navigation you've listed, long pressed on the grayed out switch and chose Silent and Minimized.  I'm still getting the notifications on my Samsung S8 running on Xfinity Mobile.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
userp2dZELy0Yv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much!  Idk why the default would be to notify you when a blocked call tries to come thru.  Isnt that the whole point of blocking it??  Ugh.  Appreciate the help!

@lusterav wrote:

You can shut off the notification sound for blocked numbers by going through the following steps: Settings - Apps- Upper right menu, select "show system apps". Scroll to the 5 phone apps. Open the third one (the first of 3 phone apps with dark green and a white vertical phone). Open notifications near the bottom. You will see a category Other-Blocked Call. Even though the toggle switch is grayed out, you can open it by long pressing on it. Then select Silent and Minimized. Hope this helps.

userMBVfKwkznf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bless you! Bless you! Bless you! OMG that was driving me crazy! There is a number that robocalls me frequently. I blocked it but I woukd get the notification when it happened. You saved my sanity. Lol

userD6TkGl1sfw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for this info!  Don't know why they had to make that so difficult!!  

user7RKKy6B6M1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow, I am a retired software tech, and I never would have found that without help.  Obviously they don't want you to stop those notifications.  But with all the RoboCalls now, my phone wouldnt' shut up. Glad you posted the answer!  THANKS!

0 Likes
charlesrbasin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does not work on Galaxy s9+ Android version 9. Only categories in Phone app Notifications are Missed Call and Voicemails. I wonder if the carrier changes the phone app. Mine is Verizon, and there is no Blocked call category.

0 Likes