cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdWwSwVV65W
Constellation

Blue light filter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I keep enabling the blue light filter by schedule, but the next day it is turned completely off again. Is there a fix? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userdWwSwVV65W
Constellation

Re: Blue light filter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. Your question about scheduling got me thinking, and I found the cause. I have been using the sunset to sunrise schedule which kept getting turned off inexplicably.  It turns out that that turning off location services also turns off the blue light filter when using the location-dependent schedule. I have to turn off location services at work daily, so will use the time schedule instead.  It would be nice if, when turning off location services, users were notified of dependent Android settings that would be changed. Even better would be if it could remember and re-enable dependent settings when location services are re-enabled. 

6 REPLIES 6
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which schedule are you using? Sunset to Sunrise or Custom?

My Sunset to Sunrise setting wasn't accurate enough for me. Actually shouldn't blame it, my evenings are spent typically indoors where its darker than outdoors so that schedule doesn't work well for me but it would shut off accurately....again, although I'd shut it off manually because I'm already working indoors when it's still on before sunrise.  

The custom schedule works great for me, and like Do Not Disturb custom schedule, shuts off on time.  

userdWwSwVV65W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. Your question about scheduling got me thinking, and I found the cause. I have been using the sunset to sunrise schedule which kept getting turned off inexplicably.  It turns out that that turning off location services also turns off the blue light filter when using the location-dependent schedule. I have to turn off location services at work daily, so will use the time schedule instead.  It would be nice if, when turning off location services, users were notified of dependent Android settings that would be changed. Even better would be if it could remember and re-enable dependent settings when location services are re-enabled. 

userCriPLqzZfj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG, thank you sir, your explanation helped a lot! After 3 weeks using Galaxy S10 I was annoyed with the fact Blue Light Filter wasn't working as expected using sunrise/sunset mode. Your explanation makes sense and I agree that it would help a lot having Notification about dependent services to not end up not understanding what's going on.

35773ctd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My location services (both Samsung and Google ) are both on and I still can not use the sunrise/sunset schedule.  

Perhaps I am looking at the wrong servic

@userdWwSwVV65W wrote:

e setting?

user6CaDNczF03
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my s9 this fails to work in power saving mode. I turn on the schedule, screen goes off, I unlock and blue light filter is gone. In optimised and high performance mode this does not happen. Location is always on even in medium power saving mode.

user4d7M3f0eGn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

August 2019 and after MONTHS of calling and searching, there is NO solution for the HARMFUL blue light filter! I have been with Samsung  since GS1, i have the GS9+. I am switching over to APPLE I suggest the rest of you do the same.