cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bluetooth can't pair / connect to Windows 10

Are you following these steps? https://www.technipages.com/transfer-files-between-android-windows-10-via-bluetooth If the issue persists you will need to follow up with Microsoft for additional support.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes ,According the Link toturial
I've successful send a file to j6 through my win10, (that's mean pc recognizes with my j6) later, i send a same file back to win10 through j6 (notice that bluetooth of J6's under "couldn't connect" status ) ,obviously the answer is like what i mention early , failed to sending.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Got it to work, for my purposes which is not for file transfer, but rather to use desktop audio toys, such as condenser microphone, preamps, headphone amps, quality dac, speakers, etc. that are much better than the ones built into cellphones. Due to the coronavirus, there are conference calls flying around and it is frustrating to try and communicate over the phone. I have verified that this allows one to answer calls on PC, even incoming Whatsapp calls, and sounds especially good with wifi calling enabled.

The whole issue is the various number of permissions needed to perform this act. It is not a driver issue or a problem with your USB bluetooth dongle.

Setup:

Windows 10

Note 8

Broadcom chip BCM20702A0 (StarTech USBBT2EDR4)

All you have to do is download the Microsoft app on phone and computer, and you will authorize them all the permissions needed. Guide from The Verge here:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/21122396/your-phone-app-android-pc-calls-how-to-make-answer-windo...

I had all the same issues everyone had, pin number linking worked and PC showed the phone was connected. But attempting to connect from the phone side always failed. Alternatives considered: Google voice works, but obviously is a different number than what people would call me with. What's app web doesn't offer the feature. Emulation software was overly clunky, glad that this works without any hacks for planned teleconferences.

As far as file transfer, I can't seem to get Phone Screen mode working, but that provides a basic drag and drop interface for files. Currently I can only see my phone's photos on the desktop Your Phone software.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Got it to work, for my purposes which is not for file transfer, but rather to use desktop audio toys, such as condenser microphone, preamps, headphone amps, quality dac, speakers, etc. that are much better than the ones built into cellphones. I have verified that this allows one to answer calls on PC, incoming Whatsapp conference calls, and sounds especially good with wifi calling enabled.

The whole issue was all the various permissions needed to perform this act. It was not a driver issue or a problem with the USB bluetooth dongle.

Setup:

Windows 10

Note 8

All you have to do is download the Microsoft app on phone and computer, and you will authorize them all the permissions needed. Guide from The Verge here:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/21122396/your-phone-app-android-pc-calls-how-to-make-answer-windo...

I had all the same issues everyone had, pin number linking worked and PC showed the phone was connected. But attempting to connect from the phone side always failed. 

As far as file transfer, I can't seem to get Phone Screen mode working, but that provides a basic drag and drop interface for files. Currently I can only see my phone's photos on the desktop Your Phone software.

Highlighted
Asteroid

As an update for file transfer, once paired the Windows "Send or receive files via Bluetooth" option works. The send option allows selection of the cellphone for destination, my cellphone appears twice but either of them work. All that is needed after sending is accepting on the cellphone screen.

Receive on the PC works as well, just specify bluetooth as a destination from the cellphone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

@usertDMDA0IGJF wrote:

Got it to work, for my purposes which is not for file transfer, but rather to use desktop audio toys, such as condenser microphone, preamps, headphone amps, quality dac, speakers, etc. that are much better than the ones built into cellphones. I have verified that this allows one to answer calls on PC, incoming Whatsapp conference calls, and sounds especially good with wifi calling enabled.

The whole issue was all the various permissions needed to perform this act. It was not a driver issue or a problem with the USB bluetooth dongle.

Setup:

Windows 10

Note 8

I had all the same issues everyone had, pin number linking worked and PC showed the phone was connected. But attempting to connect from the phone side always failed. 

This worked for me, thank you so much. It wasn't obvious at all that this is what i had to do.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi all...I've never been on here before because I've not had any problems. However For about two weeks my S9 has refused to pair with my Windows 10 Desktop. It pairs with everything else but not the PC. I've been struggling to find a solution...Was it the phone? Was it the PC? Nothing I looked at seem ed to work. I was getting the message no drivers installed on the PC and Can't connect on the phone. THEN, on searching Windows Update I found that a Bluetooth update had been installed in the auto update session at some point. The update was Labelled Intel Corporation Bluetooth 20.100.6.4   The date it was installed was roughly around the time my problems started. I uninstalled the update and the phone connected immediately on restarting the PC. Hope this helps someone!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I saw someone post something about updating the bluetooth drivers.  I went to Device Manager and my PC has an Intel bluetooth device.  Just told it to update and then I was able to pair my phone.  It is an S20+.

Highlighted
Constellation

I did the same but it didn't help with the issue. it still can't pair. it is a galaxy note 9.