cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth can't pair / connect to Windows 10

I did the same but it didn't help with the issue. it still can't pair. it is a galaxy note 9.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's most likely related to the Android and Microsoft integration software called Your Phone. Pretty sure you need to set this up properly before you can fully pair your phone with Windows 10. Even then it is only for audio between your Android device and Windows 10 by default. I also had to download the latest Bluetooth driver from my chipset manufacturer because Windows Updates and Device Manager has no clue what is the actual latest drivers.

If you are wanting to send files from your Android device to Windows 10 however, there is a new Windows security feature that stops this from happening without permitting it manually each time. You have to go to "Bluetooth & other devices" in the "Settings" menu. On the right hand side of window is a link called "Send or receive files via Bluetooth". Click on that and you will get a popup where you can select to "Send files" or Receive files". Click on "Receive files" and then you will be able to send the file from the Android device and your Windows 10 PC will accept it.

Windows Bluetooth Send Receive.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi All,

I was having the exact same problem, this fixed it for me.

Go to Devices and Printers in Windows 10, right click your phone and hover over 'access using' then select 'access point'

This instantly sorted it for me, hope this helps some.

EDIT. this does connect the Bluetooth but to use as tethering for the Internet connection. The struggle goes on.

Highlighted
Constellation

If this is just about sending files from the phone to the laptop then I followed the steps mentioned above "Bluetooth & other devices" in the "Settings" menu. On the right hand side of window is a link called "Send or receive files via Bluetooth". Click on that and you will get a popup where you can select to "Send files" or Receive files". Click on "Receive files" and then you will be able to send the file from the Android device and your Windows 10 PC will accept it". Clicking on the recieve file options opens up the magical portal from phone to laptop. The Bluetooth symbol pops up on the toolbar and I just pinned it there. Its an odd way to do it, you have to do the same thing to send files, click the send file and choose the phone. But it works and thats all that matters for now.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello,

This trick of keeping "Receive files" open in laptop of win 10 while sending files from samsung mobile is working. 

Thank you for that. It is very much appreciated.

print scn.jpg