cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Bluetooth can't pair / connect to Windows 10

Hi, Im having trouble pairing / connecting my S9 to Windows desktop/laptops with bluetooth. 

I see the device on my phone and go trough pairing but when I'm finished on desktop/laptops it finishes with success and on phone it sais could not pair. Sometimes it ends with adding the device to known list but when I want to connect phone to the device it can't connect.

I've tried this on 2 compleately different laptops and one desktop pc with wifi / bluetooth card without any luck. The phone connects to other bluetooth devices eg. gopro or bluetooth headphones without any problems. 

As troubleshooting steps I've tried suggested things in other threads as clearing all caches and files stored from bluetooth android services reseting network settings but without any luck.

48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bluetooth can't pair / connect to Windows 10

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition of the device? Have you made sure that all drivers are up to date on your laptop(s)? Does either laptop show the phone in the device manager?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

yes I've tried it just now but without any luck, it behaves the same way, windows sees it as successfull pairing but phone ends pairing with error that it could not be paired.

Yes sorry I forgot to mention it that was basically the first thing I've done. 

Yes after the "successfull" pairing on windows all the devices sees the phone in device manager. I've included the screen from my desktop but it's the same on all devices.

https://imgur.com/GrbQSrP

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tested any other Bluetooth devices to see if they would connect to the PC?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, I use the bluetooth all the time for my reciever, headphones and mice and it works without a problem on any of my devices, the same goes to my phone. I connect it trough bluetooth to my reciever or my bt headphones and it works.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have Samsung Galaxy A50 and I am also having the same issue. The bluetooth application works fine to connect to all other devices like bluetooth headphone, other phones, bluetooth speaker etc, except my Windows 10 laptop. While connecting it to my laptop, it is trying to get required compatible softwares from internet to make the pairing success, but it fails to get it and from my mobile's end it is saying that the pairing is unsuccessful though the PC reflects my mobile perfectly. I am still facing the issue. Please help.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same problem here. It's ridiculous how these basic features don't work..

Highlighted
Asteroid

So it's ANDROID issue, I've just tested connection on Motorola Moto Z3 and the same thing happens. Pairs the device but it is unable to connect  to computer.

So my question for Samsung support is why is this issue occouring and how fast are you going to fix it ? Because I think we've exhausted all troubleshooting steps and clearly it is software issue that can't be fixed with any sort wiping data or reboots.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Since it is an issue within Android, you would need to report this with Google as they make the OS. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hold on a minute, this is just an forum talk. Samsung DIDN'T EXECUTE ANY TESTS ON DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THEIR GALAXY PHONES OR DOFFERENT VERSIONS OF ANDROID. I'VE MADE MORE TESTS FOR TROUBLESHOOTING THAN SAMSUNG TEAM DID.  Since Samsung does not have proof of it is an ANDROID issue it is still SAMSUNG ISSUE ! How can a USER suggest something on their OPPINION and MODERATOR of SAMSUNG WITHOUT ANDY TROUBLESHOOTING OR TESTING CAN SUGGEST TAHT THATS THE PROBLEM ?! I DON'T HAVE ANY ACCESS TO ANDROID DEVELOPMENT TOOLS OR SAMSUNG MODIFICATIONS OF ANDROID, I JUST NARROWED TROUBLESHOOTING FOR YOUR ENGINEERS. ALSO HAW CAN YOU EXPECT THAT USER WHO BOUGHT PREMIUM FLAGSHIP PHONE FOR ALMOST 900€ TO CONTACT ANDROID SUPPORT ?! SAMSUNG IS THE MANUFACTUER AND SAMSUNG MAKES MODIFICATIONS OF ANDROID SO SAMSUNG SHOULD TEST AND NOTIFI GOOGLE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR SOFTWARE. EVEN IF I CONTACT THE GOOGLE SUPPORT THEY CAN DISCARD THE ISSUE WITH IT IS THE MODIFICATION OF ANDROID BY SAMSUNG. SO I'M GONNA ASK YOU KINDLY ONE MORE TIME:

ARE THERE ANY MORE TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TO TAKE ? IF NOT FORWARD THIS ISSUE TO YOUR DEVELOPMENT TEAM FOR FIX PLEASE !