cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EatingHamIRL
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth disconnecting

Having the same exact issue. I noticed it would do it more frequently when I had my old Motorola Moto 360v2 paired. But even without it, it still disconnects and reconnects about once every couple minutes. 

Model number SM-G960U

Baseband G960USQU2ARC6

Highlighted
HighFlight1989
Cosmic Ray

Same problem here with intermittent disconnect of my BT on my GS9+ and BMW. Never had this problem with my Note 5 and Android 7.1. What a waste of time and money to pay full price for a phone with reduced capabilities like BT, custom message tones, message led customization, etc. This really stinks.

Model# SM-G965U

Baseband G965USQU1ARBI

Carrier: AT&T 

userfVZmWPv0qk
Constellation

model# SM-G960U Baseband: G960USQU1ARBI

userGDmNxbIiqs
Constellation

Same with me. If I disconnect my watch, then it streams much better to btooth headphones. 

TheQ_42
Astronaut

Count me among those impacted. This is really annoying. It happens in my car most often (BT + Android Auto + Gear s3), but it also happens when my headphones are connected (though, that's rare) along with my watch.
user7h0nMruRDl
Asteroid

I found a fix mentioned in a few places to reset all the network connections.  This has seemed to help the problem.  I am now getting better range on the Bluetooth but it did disconnect once while in my pocket.  From what I am seeing this is a known Orea problem.

DDDYKI
Asteroid

Could you explain? I've heard of clearing data and cache from the Bluetooth service (mentioned here earlier), did that, and still have problems.

user7h0nMruRDl
Asteroid

#5 on this list seemed to help.  I am not convinced it is a complete fix but it is better.  https://www.thecustomdroid.com/fix-android-oreo-bluetooth-issue/

DDDYKI
Asteroid

I tried the network reset; 15 seconds into my 3-minute drive, my car stereo lost the connection and I had to manually reconnect like usual.

Samsung really needs to acknowledge that people are having a problem with Bluetooth, and either fix it, or tell us that there's something buggy in Android Oreo that is causing problems with connectivity and dropouts.

userM7lFP951im
Constellation

Samsung-SM-G890A          G890AUCS7DRC1