cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I have a Samsung S9 running Android 10 and Jabra Elite 65t earbuds.  Streaming music via Bluetooth from phone to earbuds, sounds great.  During phone calls however, the audio quality is very choppy and "digitized" on my end and the people I am talking to say it sounds as if I'm fading in and out.  I have also tried streaming audio with BeatsX Bluetooth headset and achieve the exact same results...music sounds great, call sound quality is experiences the exact same problem.  I have tried, resetting all network settings, unpairing and repairing, rebooting phone, turned off HD calling (no difference, so turned back on), I even tried changing Bluetooth codecs in developer mode...none of these have solved the problem.  Wired headset works great for both music and phone calls.  Also, approximately every 3-4 minutes, the Jabra earbuds nad BeatsX will disconnect and reconnect immediately.  It seems as if the phone Bluetooth signal is extremely weak or comprimised.  I get the same results on all three floors of my house. Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hey there!

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

Here are the steps: 

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press the Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you, I will try that shortly. I'm just in the final steps of recovering my phone after performing a factory reset. Sorry to say that even after the factory reset the Bluetooth issue remains unchanged. I figure that a factory reset also clears the cache you mentioned, but as I'm running out of options, I'll still try it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I cleared the cache with the steps you provided, but the problem remains. streaming music audio sounds good, but phone call audio is still very poor, digitized and choppy. Also, after a few moments the Bluetooth connection to my earbuds disconnected and immediately reconnected.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you confirmed the software on the wireless earbuds has been updated recently?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello, yes, I've confirmed that the software in the earbuds is the most recent.  In addition, the earbuds work perfect when I make a Microsoft Team's call from my laptop.  I've tried making a Skype call from my phone (thinking there might be a problem with the phone app) and still had poor sound quality.  The problem certainly seems to follow the phone and only during phone calls, streaming media sound good. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ok, here are some more clues.  The problem appears to only happen in my house. Calls sound great outside, but "digitized" over Bluetooth when inside. Calls using speakerphone or the handset sound fine...BT, not so good. But, streaming BT media I'm the house sounds great. So now the question is, does the S9 with Android 10 use a different range of BT frequencies for calls than streaming media?  If so, then simple interference would explain the problem.  Anybody know?  Or, does it use different BT codecs for calls than media? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this digitized sound happen on any other bluetooth earbuds?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, I also have a BeatsX bluetooth headset that behaves exactly the same way.  It follows the phone.  It's almost as if something interferes with the Bluetooth when making a call, but doesn't interfere with Bluetooth when just streaming music.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Bump. Anybody out there?  Struggling here without BT headset connectivity.  Any help would be super helpful!