cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjBasG0X0Bt
Asteroid

Bluetooth will not recognize headphones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a good pair of headphones that can be used via both aux cord or bluetooth. It worked perfectly with my old S6, however, I upgraded to the S9 recently and my new phone seems unable to find them when scanning for bluetooth devices. I know the headphones are still good because I've had friends try to connect, which they did very easily. I tried rebooting the phone, and clearing the partition cache. I have reset my phone's network connections, I have reset the whole phone, and I have done a factory reset. I have no clue what else I can try. The headphones don't have a "pairing mode" if they are not connected to anything, they are available to be paired with, and I am certain they are not connected to anything because they give a notification when they do connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm completely out of ideas now.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bluetooth will not recognize headphones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend taking your device to your local UbreakIfix so they can run diagnostics on your device.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have the type of headphone you are trying to pair so I can research further?

userjBasG0X0Bt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The headphone is a TREBLAB Z2. It works flawlessly with my old phone as well as several friends phones and my laptop's bluetooth.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this a try: Pairing the Treblab Z2 headphones is a breeze. The first time you use them, press and hold the power button until the headphones announce they are in pairing mode. Next, go to the Bluetooth list on your device and choose the Z2

userjBasG0X0Bt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still do not see the device in my bluetooth. I use the headphones and it says "pairing" and other phones can see it. I unpaired using my old phone, and it can even see it. However, I still can't see it on my S9.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to pair any other Bluetooth device with your Galaxy S9?

userjBasG0X0Bt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sort of, anything for sharing I have no problems. However, anytime its a speaker or TV, I seem to have issues again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend taking your device to your local UbreakIfix so they can run diagnostics on your device.