cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bootloader Info

I forcefully (by keypress) rebooted my S9 into the bootloader/download mode and for the first time ever ( with the S9 or multiple other S-series phones) sawunder the information in the top left of the screen "RPMB Fuse blown" on the first line followed by "RPMB Provisioned" on the second line. Also, I noticed that the FRP lick was no longer on, which wasn't anything I did or tried to do. What does the information related to RPMB indicate or mean and how would have the factory reset protection have been disabled?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Bootloader Info

The RPMB stuff seems to be common to all Samsung phones according to a Google search. Are you signed in with a Google account or have a screen lock set up? That's how to enable Factory Reset Protection.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bootloader Info

Yes I also read that this is fairly common amongst the Galaxy s series phones but again like I said I've owned many of them and it is the first time I've ever seen this over the time period of five plus years maybe more. With regard to the factory reset protection yes I do have a screen lock in place and did at the time of booting to the bootloader as well as signed into a Google account there's no reason why it shouldn't have been enabled.