cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userTYjDcXBqXc
Astronaut

Brand new out of the box low battery life

Literally just bought the s9. I had the same worn out LG stylo for 4 years until I busted the screen and had to get something new. Hardly use the phone, no social media. I use the phone for calls and texting and I'm needing a charge half way through the day??? What is this nonsense. Anyone else having this issue?.

And please... let's not get started on the dreaded BIXBY. 

2 REPLIES 2
Neutron Star

Re: Brand new out of the box low battery life

@userTYjDcXBqXc wrote:

Literally just bought the s9. I had the same worn out LG stylo for 4 years until I busted the screen and had to get something new. Hardly use the phone, no social media. I use the phone for calls and texting and I'm needing a charge half way through the day??? What is this nonsense. Anyone else having this issue?.

And please... let's not get started on the dreaded BIXBY. 

After getting new device, there is usually a time where we need to wait until devices settle.  As a lot of things going on when devices are being setup...

1) Did you transfer data from old device?

2) Checked for phone software update in settings and made sure to check Galaxy Store for app updates as well as Play Store?

3) After all is setup and working, I usually restart the phone to make sure my settings stick to the positing that I chose

4) Don't forget to check the battery usage by: going to settings>device care>battery and then battery usage, see which of the apps/services eat your battery more

Re: Brand new out of the box low battery life

I would also recommend putting your phone into medium battery savings mode and clear the cache partition as well.