cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Bugs detected in September 2020 security patch

Dear Samsung Software Engineers & Developers,

I updated my Galaxy S9 to September 2020 patch through OTA. There is one serious bug introduced in the past 2 updates. The screen flickering bug. This bug triggers every time I turn the screen off and immediately turn it back on. Another way to trigger this bug is to make a phone call, then cover your hand over the sensor so the screen turns off, then remove your hand immediately, then the scree turns on with flickering looking colors. You have to turn the screen off and then on fast.

FYI, I bought my phone from Xfinity Mobile, unlocked it, and transfer it over to AT&T. I applied the AT&T OTA update yesterday and I ran into those problems.

Please send this bugs report to the correct department and have them release EMERGENCY updates for this phone. My phone model is SM-G960U. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Bugs detected in September 2020 security patch

the problem my Note 9 is having is it shuts down. Will it work if I have to turn the phone back on to send the log?
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Bugs detected in September 2020 security patch

My wifi calling also stopped after this update. When will Samsung send another update?  We're using two SM-A505G unlocked from Amazon Canada.  Wifi-calling was working perfectly prior.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Bugs detected in September 2020 security patch

I figured out the wifi calling and video calling issues and the are not from the updates. Those 2 issues are from phone carriers network. You need to contact them and have them reprovision your line for your phone. They need to fix that on their end. It took me a week going back and forth with them regarding those 2 issues and finally they were able to fix them. Now my wifi calling and video calling works straight from my carrier.
Hope this helps