cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holmessr86
Cosmic Ray

Cable charging issue

For the past several months I've been having issues with my C charging cable to charge my phone correctly. I always get the message that we charging if detected weak charge or the percentage of the battery never goes up. I haven't enabled fast charging for both Wireless and cable but it only seems to charge fast wirelessly only. I have several USB charging cords in the house have swap them and they all seem to do the same thing every now and then. It got so bad I replaced my phone twice thinking I had malfunctioned devices. Apparently it's something with the charging Samsung accessories. I was also able to determine that if I turn the charger the other way it would then go from 6 hours to fully charge to 2 to fully charge. That is very odd to me, because the charger is supposed to charge and all directions. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
KewlFox2001
Asteroid

Re: Cable charging issue

From what I have heard, samsung is really picky about the charger that you use. Your best bet would be to purchase an official samsung power adapter and cable made specifically for your phone model.

usergSD50GFyzW
Asteroid

I have had the same exact problems with my Galaxy Note9 Tablet. I even bought several supposedly "authentic" Samsung chargers and cables. I also have tried to chat with and call Samsung support but no agent; virtual or human responded in the chat room and suffered through the annoying computerized operator. Personally, I believe that the roots of these issues is with substandard batteries, chargers, and cables that accompanies the expensive cellphones and tablets.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend taking your device to your local service center to have the charging port evaluated. 

You can locate the nearest location by visiting https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.