cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Camera Shutter

In the last update a couple days ago, my camera lost the shutter "click" and was replaced with a "ding dong" sound, like starting video mode. I hate it, I need the click. No options in the camera setting yo change the sound. How do I get it to click?
7 REPLIES 7
Constellation

Re: Camera Shutter

same I hate the ding ding. I want my shutter sound too!! I have the s10. I fact that's why I'm here. so far I can't figure out how to fix it either. Samsung! please fix this!
Samsung Care Ambassador

Asteroid

Re: Re: Camera Shutter

there's no solution that I can see?
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: Camera Shutter

@userBBQqV6HSWH wrote:
there's no solution that I can see?

In that thread there are 2 possible solutions outlined.

One of them is "The shutter sound changes when turning motion photo off and on, the option on my phone (note 10+) is 2nd to last at the top."

The other is "Have you tried Camera -> Settings -> Reset settings?"

Have you tried those items? 

Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Camera Shutter

I wish I could share a screenshot, but when I click the link, there's only the original question and a thank you. I don't see any suggestions/solutions. so, i have an S9, so I don't know if those ideas will work.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: Re: Camera Shutter

@userBBQqV6HSWH wrote:
I wish I could share a screenshot, but when I click the link, there's only the original question and a thank you. I don't see any suggestions/solutions. so, i have an S9, so I don't know if those ideas will work.

Read my post above. Have you tried those things that I list? 

Comet

Which update are you referring to? My S9 is on One UI 2.5 and this morning received the November 2020 security update, but I still hear the expected click sound when I take a photo. Could this be specific to your carrier somehow (I'm on Xfinity Mobile)?

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic