Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usermz1iwWBdrB
Constellation

Re: Can't disable the Bixby button after the Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mostly for me, the problem is Bixby launches when I slide my phone into my car mount. I have a whole family on Galaxy S8's and I'm on my third Galaxy phone (fourth if you include the Note 7). The next phone will be a Google Pixel Phone if this is not fixed.

userl1K8cd1Ch4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with the car mount. I had to actually cut the bracket on my Qi charging mount so that it would not press and hold the Bixby key.  For a while, as I was communting to work, the phone would occasionally shift causing the mount bracket to press and hold the Bixby key. Then, Bixby would take over my phone, disrupting my GPS navigation and Podcast app. Since I was driving, I could not fiddle with it, so often I just had to put up with the annoyance. I stress the annoyance when its already an hour long commute in bad traffic. I would actually give Bixby a try if I could just disable the Key. I wouldn’t even mind if I had a choice to single press, double press, or press and hold. However, press and hold cannot be disabled. It seems that this should be a simple fix for Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can change the option to double press the Bixby button, press the Bixby button, then go to settings > Bixby key, then choose double press for Bixby

Kevalson
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, I think I'm gonna take a razor and just carefully slice off that rubber part. Bixby is no good and Samsung needs to let us disable it or remap it.

Fly4aWhiteGuy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to great lengths to be able to afford to buy the Note 8. I wanted to go back to Samsung because I liked my S5. 

NEVER AGAIN! I can't get rid of Game Tools, can't remap the Bixby button (and now I can't even disable the button). There is so much Samsung bloatware that I now hate Samsung. All of the bloatware cannot be uninstalled, some of it enables other features when I try it out, AND MANY FEATURES ARE DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE TO DISABLE ONCE THEY ARE SWITCHED ON.

It's my phone, not Samsung's! And if they can't understand that, I'll switch to a different brand. It's frustrating, because Samsung makes great hardware, but ruins it with their heavy handedness. 

useruf7F3vGJns
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have always had an android phone.  My past 3 have been Samsung.  I absoutely hate this S9 with my entire being.  I hate the Bixby feature.  I hate that button, its not good enough that it takes two taps to open it.  I never want it to open.  Its so annoying!!  Bixby is annoying and I don't want it!!  

I want to be able to customize MY PHONE to work the way I WANT.  NOT THE WAY SAMSUNG wants!!  

The battery is unacceptable too.  I am considering cutting my loses and buying a different phone.  That's how much this phone is driving me crazy

Fly4aWhiteGuy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the best solution to this problem!

It's called Google Pixel 3 XL

It will be my next phone.

Less bloatware. I bought an unlocked version to avoid AT&T Bloatware, and Samsung has loaded my phone with intrusive apps I can't disable (Game Tools and Bixby)

I don't like the "Infinity Screen" anyway, because my fingers wrap around when I hold my phone and keep touching the edge of the screen.

userW3OQ9uiVUp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Luckily I use an otter box case which grants me the opportunity to clip the inner piece of the button to completely avoid hitting the thing. This one unwanted/forced feature alone is making the Google pixel phones enticing to me. 

user8DHzADeNWo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please fix the problem Samsung I'm having the same issue with my S9 there is no way to fix it. The feature of this button shouldn't be for Bixby it should be for the camera but so we could take gifs just like everybody else. I am going to go trade my phone in for a non Samsung phone T-Mobile here I come!

userGPoNEvz00a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My family has used Samsung phones exclusively for the last 6 years. Clearly, Samsung believes it is more important to force their software on their users than to provide the phone experience that people want. I feel sorry for the Samsung employees who feel this pain but work in an environment where customer feedback is ignored by management.

Samsung has had years to make amends based on the feedback they've received here, but refuse to listen. I'm voting with my wallet and we're getting a different brand next time it's time to upgrade.