cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSNcJKeIRHJ
Constellation

Re: Can't disable the Bixby button after the Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And what if button is somehow stuck? This last update has my phone allowing Bixby a service I've never used in 2 yrs of having my Note8 randomly popping up and recording everything I say. Its draining by battery 3-4 times a day. And although I won't go to Apple I'm very close to leaving Samsung over this. I need to be able to stop it from recording and typing every word that is said around it. I've force stop it and it restarts. I've tried blocking and not allowing permissions however nothing works. Every 4-5 hours my phone is dead from just sitting on table typing all my convo it is intrusive 

user7So94esLrb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find any solution to this problem?  I have an S8 and I'm experiencing the same issue.

Highlighted
userBlYp8D9HWZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have to say the replies you at Samsung are giving are .... useless to be polite, thankfully I’ve managed to get shot of my s9 (had every galaxy s from s3) and get an iPhone for the first time which btw is so superior!,  wouldn’t go back to galaxy, unfortunately though my mum is now stuck with that awful piece of technology and I have to hear her cussing out that bixby” on a day to day basis now... the 2 click option isn’t helpful in the slightest as you can still swipe and it comes up, allow them do disable it. Awful.

user3k5z7Qwz0t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You don't understand the frustration because we want to disable your pos intrusive bloatware. Majority of people with a Samsung don't want it. I don't want it. It is beyond frustrating. My next phone definitely won't be a Samsung. 

userxm1IhDwMC1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand that no one seeing this has any say, but if it ever comes up, please inform anyone involved that this (my S8+) is my third and final Samsung phone.  Bixby is so annoying, despite it otherwise being my favorite phone so far, that I will not purchase another Samsung phone with this "feature"  Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's only one problem here, SamsungAdam.  You have to accept the Bixby terms and conditions and fully set up Bixby before the options you describe actually work, thereby yielding to the app and thus to Samsung full rights to all the data on the device.  

userBxlDNtQZvh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That no longer works in Pie. No matter what you do. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersPRkVmXqxy  this is a little bit of insider info, but I heard the Bixby button on the S10/+ will be getting a software update upon (or soon after) release that will enable Bixby to be remapped to some degree. This should translate down the line with all devices with a Bixby button. I have an S10+ currently and it can't be remapped, but I am patiently waiting. Smiley Happy

Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I updated this morning. We can now remap the Bixby switch to launch an app or quick command on single press. 

lmf2020
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They need to bring back the option to fill disabled it in the next update . Bixby is awful. I would rather have an inoperable button than Bixby pop up all of the time