cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTu9rQGKe96
Constellation

Re: Can't disable the Bixby button after the Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we dont want to double tap it. We want it completely disabled. we paid for the phone we should have the capability to change/add/disable ANY feature on them we wish. Only a very small percentage of users actually like this garbage forced assistant. Know what i love, buying a product then being told what i can and cannot do with it

userfwZQmeUqlF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the worst. I waited years to save up and buy a new phone - the S9. I was so excited, as I had liked my previous phone from the series. A fair life this that cannot be disabled but is so easy to trigger accidentally? That's awful. It's not even a good virtual assistant. I may go back to apple. 

user9NbjMS1cbB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not help. I have been calling support several times a day for the last 4 days. Bixby is opening/turing on every few seconds

userA8KaHteTqR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. What Samsung needs to understand is that users are not necessarily asking for fixing the accidental touch issue.. user simply want to GET RID OF BIXBY.

Rob Vkam
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm back with a S9+ and this is NOT a solution. The problem is the button location opposite the lock button. I cannot use the lock button without leveraging the bixby button (unless I bring my other hand in, which isn't always available. 

Why not launch bixby with a long or other press of the standard buttons? 

userfIC0mux1lI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please have another update to disable or get rid of
Bixby.  I hate that whenever I touch my phone it comes on wanting me to update.  So I did thinkingI could disable it, but no it is worse.  I uninstalled update for Bixby and now it keeps wanting me to update and I can't stop it.  Please let me have a choice to use it or not.  I just paid off my phone so I really don't want to buy another brand, but I will if I have to.

Highlighted
userAghaAfJptn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my phone Samsung Galaxy s10 plus when I press the bixby button there are no three dots at the top of the page it has my email address with an arrow pointing to go to the next page that page won't let me advance until I agree to all of their policies and terms.. ilIn settings there also is no  bixby key. It states that its not available yet. I am so frustrated!

JakeTrec
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely agree.  Trying to force users to use certain proprietary features is very Apple of you.  Giving users the option to configure their devices tailored to their needs is what makes android so much better than Apple.  The bixby feature key is too easily pressed accidentally.  Even giving users the option to require the key to be pressed twice is still not enough.  If the users is not going to use the feature, why not give them the option to disable it?  If you really wanted to go above and beyond, you should allow users to remap the key to be used for various other functions, such as the camera or perhaps custom profiles.  For example, a "work" profile or "home" or even "driving" profiles.  In wich users could customize the profile to contain certain preset options like having the volume off and brightness at a certain level when using the "work" profile.  Or certain features turned on or off for "driving" and many other things.  Either way, the option to disable the physical key should be returned.  Every single samsung/android user I know, dislikes this feature.

userSNcJKeIRHJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And what if button is somehow stuck? This last update has my phone allowing Bixby a service I've never used in 2 yrs of having my Note8 randomly popping up and recording everything I say. Its draining by battery 3-4 times a day. And although I won't go to Apple I'm very close to leaving Samsung over this. I need to be able to stop it from recording and typing every word that is said around it. I've force stop it and it restarts. I've tried blocking and not allowing permissions however nothing works. Every 4-5 hours my phone is dead from just sitting on table typing all my convo it is intrusive 

user7So94esLrb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find any solution to this problem?  I have an S8 and I'm experiencing the same issue.