cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersPRkVmXqxy
Constellation

Can't disable the Bixby button after the Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't disable the Bixby button after the Android Pie update. It's extremely intrusive and annoying every time bixby opens up and interrupts your experience. Is there a fix? Is there anything that I can do to remove this?

This is the only thing that would make me consider switching from Android back to iPhone, if there's no fix. I hate Bixby. Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't disable the Bixby button after the Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out to us to address your concerns. We would suggest changing the way bixby opens to needing to be pressed twice to avoid accidental touches while navigating your volume up or down features.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

35 REPLIES 35
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand your frustration. You have the option to change it from pressing the Bixby button once to active to having to press it twice to activate Bixby.

Martok
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungAdam,

It would be nice if you explained how to do that. 99% of people hate Bixby.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps a try: Go to the Bixby app by pressing the button> tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner> Go to settings> scroll to the Bixby key> and tap on the choice for twice

userZHUA3lBBsd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would be nice if the button wasn't right next to the volume button. I can't even try to turn down my volume with out bixby starting up and interupiting what everI was doing cause I click fast. Or let us disable the button again please. Seriously the two click addition isnt even that helpful. I like bixby I just find the button placement annoying. Bixby home is nice but im trying to turn down my music not stop the music flow or get in the way of my games. I liked it back on 8 when i could straight up disable the button.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out to us to address your concerns. We would suggest changing the way bixby opens to needing to be pressed twice to avoid accidental touches while navigating your volume up or down features.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userpBXXXLgQUi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is NOT a solution.  Samsung must revert to allowing a total defeat of the button.  It is very poorly placed for both holding by hand, and for attempting to use with a holder.  In fact, I was unable to use my phone as a navigation device on my motorcycle due to the holder needing to grip exactly where the button is.  This is a major reason I have a Smartphone, and this is unacceptable.

I have absolutly no use for Bixby.  With as hard as Samsung is at pushing it, I suspect it is a front for even more personal data collection.  If I am going to use an assistant, I will use the superior Google solution....this is very rare.

I join others in saying that this will be my last Samsung phone.  Samsung has gone downhill significatly in user experience.  I want full control over my phone, and I want Android updates as they come out.  I have a Samsung tablet that they refuse to support with Android updates.  It got one update though its life and now is so behind that it is useless and may as well be thrown away.

user8EoZnWWbMk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution, it is a band-aid, I don't want Bixby Home or the stupid button and by the looks of this thread I'm not alone.  Give us the ability to turn this junk off, why would you ignore your customers?  Does anyone IMPORTANT even read these posts?  I used to love Samsung, but if your going to force your dumb ideas on me when this could be fixed with a simple update... then Samsung will not be in my future.  Don't write and tell me to set it on double click, it already is and I still want it disabled.  It is unsuccessful, give up and work on something useful or at the very least let us turn this junk off.  Btw, Siri is junk too, so why you wish to copy them is beyond me.

userJRVgAfeDDu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thos is utter nonsense. We are now being held hostage to this ill conceived button. If this is not resolved soon my next phone will not be a Samsung. A few of my siblings have recently changed from Samsung phones to a different brand because of this and I am getting ready to jump, all because of this little button and it's ridiculous program that won't leave me alone!

userRSJb15Hr9z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. Double clicking is not the same as disabling. Nor is it just as good. It is at best "the best you can do". Which is not much better than nothing.