JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't move pictures to albums since update

(Topic created: 02-28-2020 07:40 AM)
StenoChris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since my Galaxy S9 did an update a couple weeks ago, I can no longer move pictures from my gallery into albums I've already created.  The option is just gone.  Any ideas?

13 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this a try:

Go into your gallery where you can see all your pictures. Once there press and hold down on one of the pictures you are wanting to move until you see a small circle appear in the top left of every photo. Tap all the photos you were wanting to move, you will know what is selected by the circle being white instead of grey. Once the photos are selected look to the right of your screen and there should be a media emblem and to the right of that 3 dots. Click the 3 dots and on that menu you should see the option to move to an album. Select that option and then select the album you would like to move it to. Let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
StenoChris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I have no 3 dots. What used to say move is now empty. 

userrGGgN1APOV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can go to settings, then apps, then find gallery (tap on the word gallery), then on the bottom left of screen you will see the word open, tap that then you can move the way you did before the update.  Easier way than going through the my files app.  They made something easy more difficult.

0 Likes
Whatalegend
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Select pictures and look for 3 dots somewhere on your right (in the upper part of your screen). Press them and get a drop down menu with all your options

0 Likes
StenoChris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't have three dots anywhere.Screenshot_20200227-151908_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you running Android 9 or 10? Have you verified the app software is up to date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
Ragdollkitty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@StenoChris 

Hi. I'm not sure if you've already figured out a solution, but thought I'd add something since there was no final solution. I was having trouble with the same issue and then saw the first comment spoke about the 3 dots on the top right. It used to be visible, however it isn't anymore.

I just tapped the random space I thought was nothing on the top right and the 3 dots appeared and there were options to move pictures into other albums. I'm not sure why those 3 dots are hidden when they really are there. I hope this helped. I might be a little late to the thread though. 

StenoChris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the reply!  The craziest thing - it must have fixed itself in an update, because the last time I tried, it didn't work.  Went in to try your suggestion and the three dots and the "move" feature are back.  Weird.

Ragdollkitty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@StenoChris  yep no problem. I just went in now to see that the 3 dots are back. It must have been the software update this morning like you were saying. I was hoping that it was going to fix that issue and looks like it did. :

0 Likes