JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't use Zedge custom ringtones after reset

(Topic created: 03-25-2020 08:24 AM)
Samsung_FSbH4D2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had to do a factory reset on my Samsung S9+. I previously had downloaded ringtones and notifications from Zedge, but since the reset, I can't figure out how to download them to my ringtone list. All I have is the preset ones that came with my phone. My Zedge sounds are downloaded to my phone, but how do I get them to my list so I can use them?

5 Replies
Adam_W
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Samsung_FSbH4D2,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble.  Let’s see if we can get your ringtones working again.

Open settings and go to sounds and notifications.

Once there click on ringtone. If you have Zedge installed it will ask what you want to use between that and media device.

Select media device, this should bring you to the list of pre-downloaded tones.

In the top right will be a plus sign, click on that and select the ringtone that was downloaded from Zedge that you would like to use.

Let me know if that helps!

Samsung_FSbH4D2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you. I'll try that.

0 Likes
Samsung_FSbH4D2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It did not ask me that. That's what I was looking for. How can I access Zedge tones since it only wants to take me to Samsung tones?

0 Likes
Solution
Adam_W
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just want to confirm you still have Zedge installed.

If you do can you please go to Settings -> Apps -> Zedge -> Set as Default and tap clear defaults.

Afterward, go ahead and repeat the steps listed previously to see if it will prompt you.

Samsung_FSbH4D2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That worked!!! Thank you so very much!!!

0 Likes