JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot unlock s9+ using fingerprint, face/iris scanner, or pattern.

(Topic created: 02-10-2019 11:53 AM)
userHvjUxEKIyh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am using the android 9.0 one UI beta. This morning I woke up and was unable to unlock my phone. I have set up the fingerprint sensor, face & irirs scanners, and a pattern. I am unable to get any of these to work. For the fingerprint it says "The fingerprint sensor is not responding. Try again later." on the lock screen and on the unlock screen (the screem that has the pattern) when I try to use the sensor. For the face/irirs it says: "Can't use face or iris recognition" on the unlock screen. When I try the pattern it says "Incorrect pattern drawn", and I am using the correct pattern.  I also cannot restart or power down the phone without unlocking it. Is there any solution to this or anyone else with the same problem? Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userHvjUxEKIyh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was able to get into my phone by resetting it according to: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37183. specifically: 

Soft reset with hardware keys

A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive and the device it has an internal battery that cannot be removed. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device.

1. Press and hold the Power and Volume down key for up to 45 seconds.
  2. Wait as the device restarts.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
userHvjUxEKIyh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was able to get into my phone by resetting it according to: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37183. specifically: 

Soft reset with hardware keys

A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive and the device it has an internal battery that cannot be removed. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device.

1. Press and hold the Power and Volume down key for up to 45 seconds.
  2. Wait as the device restarts.
userVEziFEWayX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, that worked!  Whew...

0 Likes