Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Check charger connection using Car Fast Charger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all! 

Got a S9 plus and I get the Check charger connection message when connecting in my car with an original Samsung Car Fast Charger using the original cable I get with the phone. Why is that? How can I fix it? I read the current/voltage output an it's the same as the wall charger... Any thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Check charger connection using Car Fast Charger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, just to reply you, the invoice say Samsung SALN915UBEST

Then, I tried the safe mode unsuccessfully... BUT... I cleaned the contacts again and the message was gone! So, not sure what happened, but it's working now. Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot for the support!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
my phone did that too only it wasn't the original cord, I found out that the cord on the inside was coming apart. most likely your issue is similar and something inside the cord is out of wack. change cords
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there! Thanks for the replay!

I already tried with the original cord I use with the wall charger, but no luck. That's why I created the thread, hoping someone has a better idea. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same issue. When I charge my S9 in the car it always gives me the slow charge issue. I have tried the cable that came with my S9, still says it, I have tried a brand new S9 charge cable and same error. It charges it so slowly that its almost useless. Anyone have any other ideas
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right, noticed the same almost not charging issue with mine. Which is really frustrating, I'm using an original Samsung quick charge car charger with the original cable that came with the phone... So, why it's not working?!? Before the S9+ I had a S7, and the quick charge worked perfectly...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide me with the model number of your charger? Do you experience this while your device is in safe mode? You can do this by following these steps

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, just to reply you, the invoice say Samsung SALN915UBEST

Then, I tried the safe mode unsuccessfully... BUT... I cleaned the contacts again and the message was gone! So, not sure what happened, but it's working now. Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot for the support!

View solution in original post