cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useru3bf6aSAYN
Asteroid

Connecting S9 to PC

Hello:

I just updated Android. I want to download photos from S9 to my PC. I have no idea how, no idea what is supposted to happen, no idea what's described on the Web (does not seem to correspond to my phone), and find no reference to S( on Samusng's Support; in other words, I am totally lost.

What should I do to download data, either by Bluetooth or via wire?

Thanks!

.Hans L

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
OziusX
Cosmic Ray

Re: Connecting S9 to PC

If you have a Windows PC and plug in via the USB, the computer should download all of the drivers and allow you to access th folders on your phone. Easier way in my opinion is to use Google photos. As long as you have a Gmail account, download it, if you don't already have it, and it will sync all your photos. Log on to Google photos through chrome on your PC, and boom. You'll have all your photos ready to download.

useru3bf6aSAYN
Asteroid

I needed to connect USB cable directly to computer, not via hub.

However, on the PC, PC > Galaxy S9 > Phone > Pictures > NOTHING! (I see pix on phone!)

Kindly advise!

Hans L

NickManDude
Galaxy

Download your phone companion app from the playstore and then from the Microsoft store you should be able to share photos

useru3bf6aSAYN
Asteroid

What is my phone companion app?

Hans L

OziusX
Cosmic Ray

Try the Google photo way I mentioned. Its so much easier and you don't have to connect.

useru3bf6aSAYN
Asteroid

As long as it allows me to sync only one way. it might work. (I do not want all my PC photos on my phone.)

useru3bf6aSAYN
Asteroid

Ah, I found the pix in >Phone > DCIM > Camera.

Looking again at Phone > Pictures i realize that I can see no folder "Picture" on my phone.

Hans L

The-dino
Halo

Plug in the phone to the pc, unlock phone and trust the pc. The pc should then recognize the storage on the phone. Then you can browse

useru3bf6aSAYN
Asteroid

The-dino, thanks. it now works.

Regards,

Hans L