Original topic:

Contact Bug

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 1:47 PM)
user1TVyYdeDPM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Within my  Not Assigned group contacts I have one contact is listed 5398 time. I have tired everything. Tech said it was a bug. Recommended a Factory Reset. At this point, I'd rather live with it and not start all over again on a phone that maybe has a couple years left. Didn't know if there are others that have had this issue or if anyone has ideas. The way it sounded, the Factory Reset was try a "try this" and see if it works.

0 Likes
6 Replies
BMWR606
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
have you tried to "merge" the contacts?
usernagqsZQxdx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9
no
0 Likes
user1TVyYdeDPM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

The contact is listed over 5000 times. So merge is not within the parameters for merging. 

0 Likes
BMWR606
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
have you tried exporting then deleting and finally importing you contacts? might also consider deleting the contacts app and reinstalling before the import.
0 Likes
Leojr65
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S9
yeah sounds like something keeps sinking over and over and over and it keeps adding that number I've had to happen a few times but I didn't get nowhere near that many numbers that maybe put a number in five times but if if you pay attention your phone has a phone setting for numbers a email setting for numbers Google setting for numbers this is like four or five different categories and if you have them in each one it'll put them in each one it'll list them that many times and if unless you've merged them or if you think of us yeah that's it you can get crazy
0 Likes
user1TVyYdeDPM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I removed the 5000+ contacts,  cleared cache and data multiple times while deleting. So far the contacts have not reappeared. If they do, I'll keep repeating the same process vs factory reset.  I could not find a way to delete the Contact app. 

0 Likes