cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remo2509
Astronaut

April update has been released now and I haven't received...

April update has been released now and I haven't received the March one yet, which was the first Android Pie release for Cricket. Please don't say "updates are released in waves" because it is not a helpful feedback.

SpudMan9510
Cosmic Ray

I had to use Odin and install the update myself. Not sure...

I had to use Odin and install the update myself. Not sure why my phone never received the update on it's own, but that's what I had to do. The only bad thing about doing it that way is it took forever to download the firmware from sammobile.com. other than that I haven't had any issues with the phone. You will just have to make sure you download the right version for your phone model or it will just make your phone a paper weight.

Highlighted
Remo2509
Astronaut

Thanks SpudMan9510. If you also have cricket s9, can you...

Thanks SpudMan9510. If you also have cricket s9, can you please tell me which firmware did you download? Also once you update it via Odin, will you get subsequent new minor or major updates via the carrier or will you have to do it through Odin everytime?

SpudMan9510
Cosmic Ray

I used the one from April 19th, just make sure it is for...

I used the one from April 19th, just make sure it is for your model before using the program to install the update. If not your phone will probably never work again. I was sceptical of doing it my self. It took about 5 hours to download the file, and around 30 minutes to transfer to the phone and install. Once I put the baseband number in for my model number it brought up the pie update to download. Hope this helps

Shiznassty28
Constellation

If I was you I would back up the phone and all your info...

If I was you I would back up the phone and all your info and master reset and that might take of the problem

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Cricket Wireless OneUI update

@Remo2509 Did you try updating using smart switch windows PC software?

Remo2509
Astronaut

Thanks @SpudMan9510 for the suggestion. Will look into Od...

Thanks @SpudMan9510 for the suggestion. Will look into Odin based solution. My only other concern is if you will have to always update manually in future or will you receive OTA updates?

Thanks @Shiznassty28 for the tip

@RedDragon yes I tried using Smart Switch but no help.

SpudMan9510
Cosmic Ray

@Remo2509 once the install was completed and I reinstalle...

@Remo2509 once the install was completed and I reinstalled the backup from Google and Samsung I checked for an update and a small one did come thru OTA.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: @Remo2509 once the install was completed and I reinstalle...

@Remo2509 i think cricket is known for their late update becuase i used to be with them but with motorola e5 supra and it never got update since october 2018 and already done replacement device due to that.. cricket server is buggy.. maybe you meed to contact them and ask if they can push the update to your device.