Constellation

Re: Date keeps changing randomly

Only solution I have found is to set phone to manual date and time

@userSzuwjvSI1L wrote:

has anyone found a fix? the same thing is happening on my note 9

Highlighted
Constellation

The only solution I have found is to set the date and time manually. Verizon even gave me a new phone and I still have the same issue after the update. My husband does not and we have the same Samsung s10 phone. Mine reverts back to Oct 2007. I can tell when it does it as everything in my phone stops working. No internet, Spotify will drop, no screens hots, nothing. Verizon can't figure it out either. I have had no issues though since setting it to manual time. 

@detectivetaco wrote:

Is anyone having the issue of the date just changing randomly to June 2000. That keeps happening for me and I turn off and then turn back on automatic date and time and it goes back to the proper date but then randomly switches back to June 2000. This started yesterday while on the last beta update for the G960U1 and it is still doing it on the official Android 10 release. Any help is appreciated.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same thing keeps happening to me it's been going on for two or three months and it's very very irritating I reset it manually I reset my phone it works for a day or two and then reset to October of the year 2000. Can someone please tell me what to do since Samsung is not doing anything about it

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

After manually resetting, can you test the phone in safe mode to see if the date still changes? 

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Highlighted
Astronaut

My S10e keeps changing the date to November 6, 2000. When it happens all calls drop, no internet, loss of 4g. It has happened 3 times in the last 3 hours tonight. This only seems to happen when  on automatic date and time from carrier, which is Verizon. How do I stop it from time traveling!? Been happening for months now, but the date it reverts to changes with the month. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned above?

Highlighted
Constellation

While this may very well not be Samsung's problem, I suspect that it is an outcome of the 2nd GPS Week Rollover problem (the Y2K of GPS) which actually began April 7, 2019. There are many articles published on the issue (including at least 1 on samsung.com). Like others, I have avoided (not fixed) the issue by turning off network time sync on several devices (including 2 Samsung phones). Interestingly, I have seen it predominatantly when a device was not within range of good gps or cellular signal. Search for "1024 week date problem gps" or "7168 days date problem gps" for additional reading.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200843/

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue when I am home.  The date goes back to November 2000. I was able to reach Verizon technical support and they are sending me a free $250 network extender for my home where I have extremely limited cell service, which they say will help a lot and increase my phone's speed while I'm home. They also guided me through the settings menu to reset my network settings, which I have not tested to see if this has resolved the issue yet. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I also have Verizon and I live in a dead zone when it comes to cell phone reception and I have this issue.  I set my automatic date and time to manual and it fixed the issue, but this is not the solution I was hoping for.  Does everyone else here have Verizon?  And does everyone else live in a low cell phone reception area?  Maybe these 2 factors combined may be causing the issue?