cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Date keeps changing randomly

Is anyone having the issue of the date just changing randomly to June 2000. That keeps happening for me and I turn off and then turn back on automatic date and time and it goes back to the proper date but then randomly switches back to June 2000. This started yesterday while on the last beta update for the G960U1 and it is still doing it on the official Android 10 release. Any help is appreciated.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Date keeps changing randomly

The exact same thing is happening to me, only it's changining to September 2000. If I figure it out I'll try to remember to post the solution here.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same problem and it is getting worse every day. Did you have any luck finding a solution?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you verified you are set to the correct Time Zone in the Settings? Another step would be to clear the cache partition of the phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

My phone has been doing this also. I actually just upgraded my phone from the Note 9 to the G20+ and it's still doing it. This problem has been going on for some time now as it was changing to 1999 back closer to the beginning of this year and since the 2020 new year it's been switching to September 2000. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I've been having the same issue since two updates ago.  I was hoping the last system update I performed last night would have fixed the problem, but it didn't.

I live in a dead-spot, so the only reliable internet connection I have is through WiFi.  When the internet through the WiFi gets congested or has some sort of issue, the time on the phone reverts to September of 2000.

I tried wiping the cache partition like SamsungRei suggested, but it did not fix the problem.

Phone is a Samsung S10 5G 512GB Verizon, purchased in October 2019.

Edit: One other thing I've noticed is that OP mentioned that his/her time was reverted to June of 2000, which is 3 months prior to September of 2000 which is when my date is reverting to.  Yesterday, my date kept getting reverted to Sept. 29th, and today it reverted to Sept. 30th.  It seems to be going backwards exactly 7168 days (19 years, 7 months, 16 days).

Another annoyance, I keep turning the automatic date/time feature off while this problem persists, and even that keeps turning back on.

Highlighted
Constellation

This just happened again to me, but this time, in the middle of a call.  This caused the phone to drop/end the call.  Again, the automatic date/time setting was re-enabled and my time went back to Sept. 30, 2000.

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried this and it worked for 2 days then changed back to Oct 17 2007. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

My S10e keeps going back to Sept 2000.  Very annoying. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have a S8 running Android 9 release.