cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TLMT1727
Constellation

Device Maintenance caused content to load slowly?

I have a Samsung Galaxy 9+. While doing device maintenance, it asked if I would like to delete some services that might be causing problems, so I answered yes. Ever since that, my links and websites load slowly that sometimes they time out first. This is the first time I ever received a question like that.  I'd be grateful if anybody have any idea how to fix it.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Device Maintenance caused content to load slowly?

Hey, 

T-mobile 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS6CSGB

Security Patch Level

July 1st, 2019

I don't remember device care ever sending a pop-up message asking if I want to delete a service that could be causing a problem. 

I would open Device Care and tap the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner and select app issue history.

If you're using the storage cleaner it will close some apps and their services running in the background but it doesn't delete them.

If you installed a system update recently you could try to wipe the system cache partition. Also sometimes the new security patch can block access to system resources that a third party app needs to run properly. If you're still getting that message from device care then safe mode is a good way to verify that it is or isn't a 3rd party app causing this.

Edit: it might be a good idea to open system settings/apps/Samsung Internet app/storage and clear the cache files. Also open the internet app/settings and delete the browsing data and website data. It will load a little slower the first few times while It saves the new data. 

CLF