Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Durstee235
Asteroid

Disconnecting from WiFi changes audio output from Bluetooth to phone speaker

JUMP TO SOLUTION
 I'm having an issue that started a few weeks ago maybe. While playing music on WiFi while headphones or car speakers are connected via Bluetooth and the Wifi is either turned off or disconnected the audio output switches from the BT connected device to the phone speakers. You have to manually change it back to headphones or speakers in the notification panel under Audio Output.

Here is another user having the same issue:

I just did a factory reset on my phone and now whenever my phone disconnects from a WiFi network and I am listening to music on Bluetooth headphones it changes the audio output to the phone speaker and I have to manually change it back. Doesn't matter what app I am listening to or Bluetooth headset I am using. I have tried doing another factory reset but the behavior is the same.

My Phone Information:

Model: SM-G965U

Baseband:G965USQS3ARI6

Carrier: Verizon

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
optimusfan
Constellation

Re: Disconnecting from WiFi changes audio output from Bluetooth to phone speaker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstall the iHeart app if you have it. The 9/17 release switches your audio from Bluetooth to the phone speaker anytime WIFI disconnects or you turn it off. This happens no matter which app you're using.

12 REPLIES 12
Red Giant

Re: Disconnecting from WiFi changes audio output from Bluetooth to phone speaker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

try it in safe mode. if it doesn't happen, then uninstall one by one of ur apps to find out which one is causing it.

if it still happens in safe mode, take it to ubreakifix for a diagnosis.

Durstee235
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This doesn't seem specific to my phone so I'm not going to spend my time uninstalling app by app and doing testing.

I think it may have something to do with what Android added in the last update. Looks like other manufacturers are having similar issues: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/bluetooth-auto-switching-to-phone-speaker.759076/

userMQWM2NGNdn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this issue as well with a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. In fact I recently switched from an old one to another phone of the same model and both of them have been having this issue within the past few weeks. When wifidisconnects, bluetooth switches from audio output to the connected device to audio output to phone. The bluetooth device acts like it's still connected but it's not playing audio. I also strongly suspect software issues with latest Android and how it manages bluetooth, wifi, smart wifi-mobile network switch, and smart things. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

optimusfan
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstall the iHeart app if you have it. The 9/17 release switches your audio from Bluetooth to the phone speaker anytime WIFI disconnects or you turn it off. This happens no matter which app you're using.

userfeQNMnetAX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstalling Iheart radio cured the problem for me, too.

userOxsUIVNZf3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstalling iheart radio fixed this for me as well.

userMovfC4fj2O
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much!  I was having this same annoying issue on my LG G7 and uninstalling iHeart fixed it.

usertBzjopu835
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it work if you reinstall it? Or is this just an issue with the iheartradio app that they need to fix?