cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Do not disturb- unable to add app exception

On Galaxy S9 Android 10, Do Not Disturb only allows Calls, Messages, Alarms and Calendar events as app specific exceptions, with Media Sounds, Touch Sounds and Reminders as general options to mute or unmute.

There is also no option for an app to "ignore do not disturb" under the individual app's notification settings.

For example, you cannot allow an exception to get Gmail notifications when do no disturb is active. This would be a helpful option to allow exceptions for specific apps.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Do not disturb- unable to add app exception

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Do not disturb- unable to add app exception

This is ridiculous. Every Android phone I've owned has had this basic feature and I'm shocked I'm going to have to return an otherwise good S10 because Samsumg can't hasn't bothered to add *any* flexibility to Do Not Disturb all these years when they seemingly have an entire division devoted to bloatware no one wants. Smiley Sad