cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userwHM0OmVr6B
Asteroid

Does S9 (model number: SM-G960U) work on CDMA

I bought Galaxy S9 with model number SM-G960U from T-mobile and got it unlocked. But, I couldn't get it to work on a CDMA network like verizon/xfinity mobile. Customer representative from T-mobile mentioned that the phone only works on GSM networks. Is that true?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung_o2CBm9W
Astronaut

I wound up purchasing my S9 from Sprint and when I left S...

I wound up purchasing my S9 from Sprint and when I left Sprint (Horrible customer service) I went to Consumer Cellular. Eventually phone was unlocked and am able to use on Consumer Cellular (GSM). But I had to call half a dozen times to get a rep with half a brain who understood how to get phone unlocked and make sure it was done completely!! I highly recommend Consumer Cellular. The reps are here in USA, not the Philippines and understand English! So far, they have helped me a great deal and are very respectful.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Does S9 (model number: SM-G960U) work on CDMA

@userwHM0OmVr6B Yes Carrier branded S9 should work with Verizon it will ask to reboot the device after you insert the sim card. Make sure the device is fully unlocked for the device to reboot to verizon.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button

Misread your original post. The phone you have is unlocked and yes should work on all networks (if the phone was carrier unlocked prior to being taken off T mobile). 

It shouldn't be an issue at all. All you should have to do is insert the new service providers sim, phone will reboot, and you should be good to go. 

Apologize for the confusion. Feel free to delete my first post.

userwHM0OmVr6B
Asteroid

Thanks for the replies. I have tried att sim in my unlocked s9 and it worked fine. Xfinity rep seems to have some problem. Will try verizon/sprint directly or another xfinity store.

Any update on this?

I am wondering if Verizon/Sprint worked on your phone as well.

Thank You

userwHM0OmVr6B
Asteroid

I tried another xfinity store and ran into the same incompatibility issue. I didn't get a chance to try Verizon/Sprint directly.