cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrBY1prvlH6
Cosmic Ray

Does Unlocked Galaxy S9 box purchased directly from Samsung comes sealed or with a Sealing Sticker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Unlocked S9 box U.S. version that I recieved this morning, which I purchased from Samsung site, didn't have a sealing sticker. Did anybody else's phone came with a sealed box or a sealing sticker?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Unlocked Galaxy S9 box purchased directly from Samsung comes sealed or with a Sealing Stick

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm glad to see that the Community chipped in here! It's true that most of the time a phone bought straight from Samsung will not have that seal sticker, this is because that sticker is usually placed on the box by the carrier/store that is selling it. Since it came straight from Samsung without passing through those hands, it was never placed on the box. Sorry for any confusion that might have led to.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
usergrCtt0reZw
Constellation

Re: Does Unlocked Galaxy S9 box purchased directly from Samsung comes sealed or with a Sealing Stick

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine did not have the sealing sticker.

Oculus56
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine didnt either

user3SruXkDPoT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, it didn't. Mine also came with the wrong sim card. Anyone else?? Samsung says they are looking into it. 

userrBY1prvlH6
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks guys for the responses. @userrBY1prvlH6: I did get the right SIM card

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm glad to see that the Community chipped in here! It's true that most of the time a phone bought straight from Samsung will not have that seal sticker, this is because that sticker is usually placed on the box by the carrier/store that is selling it. Since it came straight from Samsung without passing through those hands, it was never placed on the box. Sorry for any confusion that might have led to.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

user1Zm171U0b4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it apply to mobiles bought from amazon whose seller is Samsung ?

Oculus56
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also got the right sim card (Verizon)

userjBawgqABBZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If there is no security seal:

1) How do I know the phone was not tampered with (malware, rooted OS, or other) before I received it?

2) How do I know I'm not getting a refurbished phone?

And a followup question:

3) Samsung "knox" seems to be the answer to at least the first question. Is there a way to verify that the installed OS is factory direct (some sort of hash, checksum, or other?).

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you would like to message me here with your phone's IMEI number and model code I can use our system to tell you if you received a refurbished device. For the other concern, you can check to make sure your phone has the official OS running by going into your settings, selecting about phone and then status. Scroll down a bit and you should see something that says "Phone status" If that says official then you are all good.