cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2pUe08cvdC
Cosmic Ray

Does anyone notice slow battery charging while using the Galaxy S9?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got an S9+. However, if I'm charging my phone while using it, the battery charges really slow. On the notifications, it says it's fast charging, and gives an estimate amount. On the other hand, this app has a diagnostics tool. It will tell you how long it will take for the phone to fully charge, usually if I'm low on battery it would say around 3 hours. I'm not sure if this is a security feature implemented by Samsung to avoid overheating or what not. I did not see any warning, label, or anything stating that the battery would slow-charge while using it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usersYH1pbUL99
Cosmic Ray

Re: Does anyone notice slow battery charging while using the Galaxy S9?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung disabled fast charging while phone is being used back on the s7 or s8. This is known and was mentioned by CNET in 2017.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what are the carrier, model number, and sw build number from the settings  > about device?

r u using any apps or screen is constantly on or anything running in the back ground?

user2pUe08cvdC
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier is Tmobile and model is SM-G965U. I'm not sure what sw build is.

Nostradamus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having same issue...it only charged 35% in 60 min...with screen off and no apps running

Nostradamus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having same issue...it only charged 35% in 60 min...with screen off and no apps running

userjBzAwPO0ue
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You know it's funny reading this I've been thinking exactly the same thing. I swapped between the wireless charger and plug in but ridiculously slow. Never had this issue with any other device. 

usersYH1pbUL99
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung disabled fast charging while phone is being used back on the s7 or s8. This is known and was mentioned by CNET in 2017.

View solution in original post