cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservhT6jh1Qnn
Constellation

Early Text Message Conversation Disappeared on S9 - No Automatic Deletion

I have over 30,000 text messages on my phone, many of them saved up from texting a big family, clients, co-workers, etc. over the years.  For past phones I used a back up and restore app to protect my messages but unfortunately never got around to setting it up on my Samsung S9.  I give this number to show I not only have many messages on my phone, but I do not have the automatic delete function enabled, and there is nothing that triggers message deletion after surpassing 1,000 messages.

I went back to check a conversation with over 1200 messages that began before February 2019, and noticed that all messages between myself and this contact between August 2018 and February 2019 are missing.  When I performed a backup and ran an Android deleted files recovery program (one that did not require Rooting), the messages still do not appear either on the phone or in the programs.  It's as if the conversation began in mid February, even though I know it did not, and I know I had access to these messages in early June because I screenshot some of them. 

My question is twofold: is there any way of recovering these messages that seem to have vanished as if they were never there to begin with?  And how can I prevent this from happening again? 

After this I am really disinclined from using the default Samsung Messages app ever again, so disappointed.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Early Text Message Conversation Disappeared on S9 - No Automatic Deletion

@uservhT6jh1Qnn The only way to recover the lost text messages is for them to be backed up in a cloud service. Good practice from losing any messages is to have them set to back up periodically to a cloud service. So if this happens again your information is already backed up. 

Highlighted
user2pDiK8wtyh
Constellation

Re: Early Text Message Conversation Disappeared on S9 - No Automatic Deletion

If you can't use Android deleted files recovery program to help you recover the disappeared text messages, try to find a pro data recovery shop. Usually, if the disappeared text messages not being overwritten by new data, such android data recovery program can help you recover them back.