JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge Lighting Does Not Work when screen is on

(Topic created: 04-10-2020 01:10 AM)
userKvsxVZx0kG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I recently had to restore my S9+ because I had problems when making calls. Everything normal except for the edge lighting notifications. Being honest, Samsung's edge lighting has never worked properly because even though you can configure each app to a different color; this function never works. I used to have the fix lighting for all apps and it worked fine, but now, after restoring my phone, the lighting notifications only work when the screen is off and not when the screen is on. If I deactive the 

fix lighting for all app , and only activate "WhatsApp" for instance the notifications work just fine, but I would really love to configure each app to a certain color. Please help,  I don't mind any solution.

5 Replies
Solution
Prof1
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good Evening @userKvsxVZx0kG 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the edge lighting feature on your Galaxy S9+.  I understand your frustration with the feature not working properly and I would like to try a troubleshooting step to see if this helps.  Also moving forward specific app settings such as your edge lighting may not restore if the app settings were not backed up as well.

Edge Lighting - 

Tap "Settings" > Tap "Notifications" > Scroll to bottom of screen Tap " Edge Lighting" > Double check all settings are correct.  The last option "Show Edge Lighting" that setting should be turned to "Always"

Let me know if this helps to resolve your issue.  Also keep in mind that having your device in "Power Saving Mode" could interfere with your edge lighting.

userKvsxVZx0kG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I downloaded another app but thanks anyways

@Prof1 wrote:

Good Evening @userKvsxVZx0kG 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the edge lighting feature on your Galaxy S9+.  I understand your frustration with the feature not working properly and I would like to try a troubleshooting step to see if this helps.  Also moving forward specific app settings such as your edge lighting may not restore if the app settings were not backed up as well.

Edge Lighting - 

Tap "Settings" > Tap "Notifications" > Scroll to bottom of screen Tap " Edge Lighting" > Double check all settings are correct.  The last option "Show Edge Lighting" that setting should be turned to "Always"

Let me know if this helps to resolve your issue.  Also keep in mind that having your device in "Power Saving Mode" could interfere with your edge lighting.

userOcCgfJmpR2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having issues with mine working also and it's set to always

0 Likes
userKvsxVZx0kG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If nothing works, download edge mask from the app store. 

0 Likes
userOcCgfJmpR2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok thanks

0 Likes