cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4Q47fvDsoA
Asteroid

Emoji icon not on message bar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After an update to the Samsung S9, the emoji icon that used to be on the enter message bar is now the sticker icon. Does anyone know how to remove the sticker icon so it is showing the emoji one

again?20190308_134004.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Emoji icon not on message bar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your suggestion accordingly. 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What messaging application are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4Q47fvDsoA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, it is the samsung messages app that comes already installed on the phone. I did attach a screen shot of it but it keeps changing to a picture of a triangle on this page

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you tap to type a message you should see the emoji icon above the keyboard under the message bubble.

user4Q47fvDsoA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it does appear in the keyboard, but I wanted to see if I can get it in the message bubble like I had it with the s7. Ihave 2 pictures below, one from S7 with the emoji in the message bubble and S9 with the sticker icon (which I dont want) in the message bubble. So ultimatley, I would like to have the emoji icon in the message bubble like my S7 did.

20190312_135227 (2).jpg20190312_135405 (2).jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your suggestion accordingly. 

userbnuqpck1by
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just chatted with a Samsung help person about the same issue, which is that the emoji icon has been replaced with the stickers icon--a terrible move as most people use the more universal emoji instead of the Samsung- specific stickers. 

He told me to report this on the Samsung members app. 

It looks like there's no changing it for now and we might have to wait for a new update. 

Boo.

userdrvEcGEzeR
Constellation

Has there been any updates / solutions to being able to c...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has there been any updates / solutions to being able to change the sticker icon to an Emoji icon on message bar?