cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Extreme lag when closing folders S9+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When using the Samsung launcher I am experiencing extreme lag when opening and closing folders on the home screen. It's almost comical. However, when I use Nova launcher there is zero lag. I have tried clearing the cache of the samsung home screen app and clearing data and this option works for a little and then it's back. Anyone else experiencing this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Extreme lag when closing folders S9+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem on my brand new S9+ (3-4 weeks old), I factory reset the phone, cleaerd the cache, reinstalled all the apps and also refreshed the software but still has the same problem

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what are the carrier, model number, and build number from the settings > about device?

have you tried it in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier - Sprint

Model Number - SM- G965U

Build Number - R16NW.G965USQUZARF9

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache of your device? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cleared the cache and data (which reset my home screen back to default) under the app Samsung Experience Home. Which helped for about 10 taps, and then it returned. It's a serious studder/glitch in the animation as the folder closes. I ran a search on Reddit and it looks like someone else has this same problem. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you having the same problem with every folder or just specific ones? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, once my home screen reset, I created all new folders and the glitch's returned. They are consistent when it starts happening. The folders open fluent but when you tap outside of them to close them, it's a hard studder/freeze as it closes. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur if your device is booted into Safe Mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not tried safe mode yet. However I read online that if everything is fluent in safe mode then it's most likely an installed app causing the lag. Which means I will have to go through my apps and uninstall them until it hopefully stops? Which doesn't seem viable to me since I only download from the Google play store. In that case I will just use Nova launcher. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is correct, if the issue does not occur in Safe Mode then a 3rd party application is causing the issue.