cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryyoyIiy7ZZ
Constellation

Extremely Angry S9+ update

There's so much profanity I have for this new update. Samsung, you can update software securities and such without changing the way your phone looks. I understand the need for security updates, BUT LEAVE THE WAY MY PHONE LOOKS ALONE! P L E A S E... make an option for people that don't want to change looks of their phones. This new look is pathetic. Please go back, or let us choose!!!

11 REPLIES 11
usermZkVr1DvvJ
Constellation

Re: Extremely Angry S9+ update

How can I LOVE this comment?  I completely 100% agree.  The icons that pop up under the CLOSE ALL menu are terribly placed as well.  Also, my audio controls for my apps messed up after the update and I cannot hear what's playing at mid level when the phone is right in my hand! I was instructed to factory reset the phone which I did which didn't change the sound but lost all my customization. And it looks like a 5 year old's phone!  No telling what else... Really disappointed with Samsung and I've been a loyal user but I don't know this time....

John34404
Asteroid

Trust me, we are all complining. There are several other threads complaining about the same subject so please join us in them too. Oh and try the tags they can get you to the others faster.

userYukpUYSTkB
Asteroid

Dear Android 9.0 PIE, 

I absolutely hate you. You add no aesthetic value, efficiency, or increased productivity potential to my phone. I got a 9+ because of the larger battery capacity... to escape the perils of the battery drain...  and now my phone drains like no tomorrow. I cannot take it anymore, we are done. Good riddance!

userACU56CSiEv
Constellation

I have literally just joined the community so that I can make the exact same complaint! The icons look like something from a childs toy tablet. And the way you have rearranged the way you view all/close all is horrendous! Put it back to how it was or at least LET US CHOOSE! Not impressed! 

Highlighted
requa
Galaxy

What have you all done to try to fix the appearance issue, other than whining here? I hope you have at least explored some of the many icon packs available, particularly those that remove the icon frames. I'm much happier now that I found a pack I like.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
userACU56CSiEv
Constellation

1. Yes of course I read the full update specs and tried to find a way to change the icon IMAGE not just the 'frame'. Personally I dislike the childish looking icons but if you are much happier now, lucky you.

2. Have you managed to find a 'pack' to fix the way the 'recents' are now listed side by side instead of on top of each other? What about the massive 'you have no unread messages' that wastes 30% page space? Or the numerous other new 'features' I keep coming across? Just how many 'packs' should we run off and look for and install to undo updates we don't like?

3. Feedback is an essential part of any business, including negative feedback, how do we suppose Samsung is to know if we all lie down and roll over? 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userACU56CSiEv  the great thing about Android is the amazing customization it offers compared to iPhones especially. I've been using Nova Launcher for years to customize my UI and haven't had any issues. All my devices always look exactly how I want them to, whether that be on Nougat, Oreo, or Pie. Good Lock 2018 (by Samsung) also offers huge amounts of customization to the navbar, recent apps, notification panels, and more. 

requa
Galaxy

To be clear, I was actually agreeing with you that I dislike the new stock icon images, and I agree that it's frustrating not to be able to disable the icon frames in the stock icons. When I said I was happier, it was because I finally found a different icon pack that has no frames and has images roughly similar to those that were in Oreo. The icon pack I'm using is called Dream Play and it was free.
Icon packs were the only "packs" I was referring to. I also agree that it was a bad move to remove display options from the recent apps screen. I'm hoping once Good Lock gets updated again it'll address this and restore some other options.
The large information area at the top of many app screens is part of the initiative to put information at the top and function at the bottom due to the screen size and aspect ration. Like it or not, the large top information area collapses as soon as you start scrolling, so it's really a non-issue for me. Plus, I use a third-party SMS app anyway so I'm not seeing it in that app.
There is a huge difference between providing feedback and the posts that have been appearing here since the mass upgrades started. I don't actually care that people feel inclined to vent, but it does make it more and more difficult to browse through the actual questions and suggestions when every thread devolves into "I hate the upgrade, I hate the icons, Samsung needs to change this back right now or I'm going to throw my phone int he trash and get an iPhone."

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
userFsxVb7yoNU
Constellation

I can't see any of my contacts!  AT ALL!  They are there,  but it's like white letters on a white screen!  Everything is terribly placed,  and icons look stupid. All my settings were set to factory default.   I really liked my S9 the way it was!  Now I hate it! Stupid updates wre the reason i didn't buy another iPhone.