cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userB9PVAa8Gyi
Asteroid

Fingerprint not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fingerprint sensor is not working. I have S9+. I did every troubleshooting advise if found online and even did a factory reset but the sensor is not working. IMG_6106.JPG

That's the error message I get. any solutions for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Fingerprint not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Same here, it auto optimized at 12Smiley Tonguem and auto restarted around 2:00 pm. Fingerprints are all registered and working.

Hopefully that was a temporary glitch with device care or something. Sometimes we never find out. I turned them back off.

CLF 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Do you get the same message when you open biometrics and securely, tap fingerprints and use the test added fingerprints option? It seems like if you can add new fingerprints and test them that the sensor is working but some kind of system software glitch is causing the issue especially since a factory data reset didn't help. It just reinstalled the glitch. 

userB9PVAa8Gyi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

After a few tries, the fingerprint worked. I have no idea how it worked to be honest. All I know is I didn't restore any of my back up files at all. The wierd thing is I turned on my auto optimization and restart on and then today the sensor didn't work. I turned off the auto restart and the sensor worked. Do you have an idea what's causing it or was it the auto restart? I left the auto optimization on and will check tomorrow if anything happens. Thanks by the way.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I keep both of those settings off. I also turn off in battery settings put unused apps to sleep, automatically disable unused apps and optomize settings.

Just for fun I going to activate auto restart and auto optimization and see if anything strange happens. 

CLF 

userB9PVAa8Gyi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!! I'll turn off those settings.

The optimization happened and the fingerprint worked. Now I have no idea what caused it. Will try downloading apps and try auto restart again. Maybe one of them caused it. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Same here, it auto optimized at 12Smiley Tonguem and auto restarted around 2:00 pm. Fingerprints are all registered and working.

Hopefully that was a temporary glitch with device care or something. Sometimes we never find out. I turned them back off.

CLF 

userB9PVAa8Gyi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine worked too! I found out that an app caused the problem. Wierd that it caused problems as it was from the same company of one of the messaging app I'm using and that app is not causing any problems at all. It made me cautious but it's ridiculous as I downloaded it from google play and not some shady website. Users shouldn't worry about stuffs like this because it's from an app store that is supposed to be supported by the phone or something. Oh well, it's for a different topic I guess. Thank you for the help. 

user2fpc7EDmFc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just got my new S10+5G and I haven't used fingerprint stuff before today so I set up the phone with a thumb and forefinger.  Excellent, this is good.  Set up the bank mobile apps and they both use fingerprint technology from my phone.  Then it stopped working ... "press harder", "no match" etc.  Tried a few times to set it up again and gave up.  Googled the problem and it seems that Samsung have fitted a cheap plastic screen protector instead of something substantial because they fear the fingerprint stuff won't respond.  Why not ensure that your skin is damp when you use the sensor as too dry a skin or a cracked fingerprint might  stop it working properly.  Reset it again with the same finger and thumb and just simply licking my finger or thumb before I use the sensor and bingo. Works every time. ...... Worth a try.

Samsung_IYUnUoC
Astronaut

I have the same phone and the problem is that it can be a...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same phone and the problem is that it can be an app or the finger that you used because then the finger could be cut or something and then it wont let you back in...so I recommend that you also add a pattern or password