cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Fingerprint sensor app missing

I have an S9 that I just activated and installed all the appropriate updates so that it is running Android 10. When setting up fingerprint functions, I am met with an error message that says the sensor is not responding. When looking through system apps, the default fingerprint app is missing. I know others have experienced the same issue but with no solution posted yet. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Fingerprint sensor app missing

which default fingerprint app are you talking about? Biometrics and security in the setting is missing? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

One of the threads suggested clearing the cache for the system app called "fingerprint" which is installed as a system app so it can't be deleted without root access. As I understand it, it should be located in:

-->settings

-->apps

-->three dots

-->show system apps

When I didnt see the system application installed I assumed that is my problem . Here's a screenshot of where it ought to be.Screenshot_20200731-234124_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Galaxy

There is no fingerprint app as far as i can tell. It looks like settings is what controls this service.Screenshot_20200731-222611_Activity Launcher.jpg

These are activities in all my apps when searching for "fingerprint" from an app I downloaded.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ohh. I see, I guess my problem lies elsewhere then. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the help! 

How did you perform that search? I can't seem to figure it out. 

Highlighted
Galaxy

I downloaded an app from the play store. This app can access features and activities on your phone your not supposed to use in this way and can cause problems if used wrong. I would recommend staying away from this app but if you really want to check it out here is the link to the play store version im using. Again be careful as long as your just using it to view the activitys and not to launch them you should be okay.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ahh, I understand. I'll take your advice and stay away from it lest I destroy my phone haha. I think ill take the phone to a service center and have the sensor replaced at this point. Thank you so much

Highlighted
Galaxy

Sounds like your fingerprint sensor might be damaged or not working.

To check this go into your phone app and dial 

*#0*#

Then select sensors and at the bottom you should see fingerprint test>normal scan and sensor info

Hope this helps test your fingerprint sensor

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. 

Unfortunately, Verizon disables those menus so I'm not able to perform a hardware test. Perhaps I should just have the sensor replaced and see if that helps.