cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Fingerprint sensor not responding

So I keep getting the message that the fingerprint sensor is not responding.  If you keep getting this message restart your device.  I have restarted, in regular and safe mode. And still nothing.  I deleted the prints and then restarted in safe and regular mode and now cant put them in.  Also did a factory reset.  Still the same error.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fingerprint sensor not responding

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand wanting to make use of your fingerprint scanner. Testing the device in safe mode is a great troubleshooting step. Since the symptom persists in safe mode I would recommend wiping the cache partition on the device by following these steps.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helps!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Fingerprint sensor not responding

It did not...  I think I just need to embrace no fingerprint sensor.  Thanks for your help.