cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_C2CVxHc
Astronaut

Fingerprint sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having trouble with the fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor keeps on working even when I'm not using my phone or trying to unlock it. It just vibrates for no reason and the little dialogue message appears that says " you have tried 20 times to unlock phone with fingerprint sensor, try different method" I had to disable the fingerprint and use intelligent scan instead. Btw this all happened after the last software update to my phone from at&t. I have the Samsung galaxy s9+. I also restarted my phone and no luck 😥

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fingerprint sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition of the device? Have you attempted to clean your fingerprint sensor just to make sure nothing is on it such as excess oil or something that could be tripping the sensor?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition of the device? Have you attempted to clean your fingerprint sensor just to make sure nothing is on it such as excess oil or something that could be tripping the sensor?

View solution in original post

Samsung_C2CVxHc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea cleaning the sensor very thoroughly worked 👍

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! I'm glad we were able to help resolve your concerns. Feel free to reach out to us anytime if you need any further assistance from us. Smiley Happy