cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Ford Sync

Have been using samsung phones for many years, and love them.  Most recently a Samsung s9 phone, and we have had nothing but problems using it with Ford Sync 3.  It will continusly disconnect from my phone, which is creating a safety issue.  If there is no fixes for this, we plan on migrating to an I Phone, and I haven't seen any issues with it.  We have already tryed all the fixes mention on internal groups, factory reset of the phone, reseting the sysc system - we have had ford replace the internal PIM Card in the Sync several times.  Just getting tired of dealing with it.  

Thanks,

Cliff

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ford Sync

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Wouldn't doing a factory reset on the phone do the same thing?  If so, we tried that with no success.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Did you restore your device from a system back up?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The apps and data, don't believe I did a complete restore, as there were apps I didn't want.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms with any other Bluetooth devices?

Highlighted
Asteroid

No, only with Ford Sync 3, which is the reason I hammered on Ford so hard with no luck.  Getting to the point where it is cheaper to get a new phone then a new vehicle!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I certainly understand your concerns. As you are only experiencing these symptoms with the Ford Sync, if resetting network settings doesn't work I would recommend continuing to work with Ford to resolve your symptoms.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I believe we have exhausted all options dealing with Ford.  Also, it looks like there are many others having the same issue with the Sansung phone.  In researching this, I don’t see any other phones having this issue.  So at this point, I have no choice but to move to a different phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I can do the network reset to see if it makes any difference - willing to try anything at this time.