cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user9i2YoXkQG1
Constellation

Front Camera zoom on apps such as Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook

So I just upgraded to an S9 from an S7 yesterday as it was a whole lot cheaper than the S10 and I was pretty happy to not pay any extra and be one model behind. However I noticed that on apps such as Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook the front camera is very zoomed in, not appealing at all!! 

I have read some posts of people having this problem with the s10 but none about the s9 and wondered if this was an issue that was fixed or not? The front camera is normal on the camera app it's just on the 3rd party apps that is messed up. Anyone can offer some help as I am loving the s9 and don't want this to ruin it!

5 REPLIES 5
user0lje8lG6uH
Constellation

Re: Front Camera zoom on apps such as Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook

I'm having the same problem on snapchat and the phone's normal camera app. What I did is go to the normal camera app and try to zoom out a little bit, then it will say it cannot zoom out in the "selected camera mode", which will bring up a box with two options one is selfie focus mode or something with one figure and the other has two figures. Hit the option with the two figures and your camera will be zoomed out!
user0lje8lG6uH
Constellation

Still haven't figured out snapchat but at least the regular camera is fixed!
user8TNy0cVubH
Asteroid

How did you fix that issue on your normal camera?
user9i2YoXkQG1
Constellation

I am just having problems with the cameras on other apps such as Snapchat and WhatsApp, the normal camera app is fine 

Ejm5560
Halo

Sounds like an issue with 3rd party apps, most of these social media apps neglect android and we get updated waaaaaay after everyone. It's not Samsung's fault. Android just got a huge snapchat update that helps a tiny bit but the quality still lower than iOS. It's bad that they dont think that the most used OS needs to be on par with iphone.