JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front facing camera all the sudden zoomed in

(Topic created: 05-09-2019 06:24 PM)
user8TNy0cVubH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A couple of weeks ago all the sudden my front camera zooms in after a pic is taken. When I am taking the pic it looks "normal" then when I view the picture it's zoomed in and partly cut off... The camera worked great until then. It may have started with the last update. I am not talking about social media apps, my actual camera app that came with the phone is doing this. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thank you.
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you also have the Selfie Shape Correction turned on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLSgrNyq3Hd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here.  It zooms in and flips the picture in the front facing camera. 

Bbowman1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any update with this?

Samsung_GldoaQn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same for me too.

JoLT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found a temporary workaround until Samsung gets this fixed. I have an S9+ and there is a picture mode called "Live Focus". If you put it in that mode the picture turns out as previewed.

0 Likes
user6w7ESrXv2O
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having this issue, too.  Any word on a fix, yet? 

Samsung_WkKfjwn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too

0 Likes
usereBZQMhJjhH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same issue. I hope this gets fixed soon. 

Solution
userISI2KQ4b4V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think i may have figured out what was wrong or they fixed it in a recent update. If you see the option with the person and then the group when you have the front face camera open. If it's set to the single person it zooms it. But the group setting doesn't. Select the group option to get rid of zoomSelect the group option to get rid of zoom

userkrc5Wmn4vp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This actually worked! 

0 Likes