JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front facing camera all the sudden zoomed in

(Topic created: 04-19-2019 12:11 PM)
user8TNy0cVubH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A couple of weeks ago all the sudden my front camera zooms in after a pic is taken. When I am taking the pic it looks "normal" then when I view the picture it's zoomed in and partly cut off... The camera worked great until then. It may have started with the last update. I am not talking about social media apps, my actual camera app that came with the phone is doing this. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userISI2KQ4b4V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think i may have figured out what was wrong or they fixed it in a recent update. If you see the option with the person and then the group when you have the front face camera open. If it's set to the single person it zooms it. But the group setting doesn't. Select the group option to get rid of zoomSelect the group option to get rid of zoom

View solution in context

33 Replies
userf9LemDQ1yc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

I am also having this issue. It started after I updated the phone in early April. Samsung, is there a patch in the works? To work-around this issue, I'm having to use a different app to take front-facing photos correctly.

Thanks!

userBFdPkHLfUO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is this oval icon on the bottom just above the white circle, with 2heads/1head.

You must choose the one with 2 to stay full. 1 will zoom.20190526_083404.jpg

user4A5MaJDhmv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh my gosh!!!!! You're right!!! Oh thank you so so so much!!!!! 🙌🤩😘😘😘😘😘

user92euRJeCuc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes this works. 

0 Likes
userKg7K0cTJMg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same for me!  I contacted Samsung and they tried to clear a bunch of cache, and restore factory settings and nothing worked.  The backup didn't happen right and I lost of lot of data  Samsung sent me to a local repair place and they couldn't figure it out either. So Verizon, had a new phone sent to me since mine was still under warranty. Well, the new phone is doing the same thing!!!!  Its so aggravating.  I dont know how Samsung claims not to know anything about it.

dkelly00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Big brother?

0 Likes
userYGGK46UEIr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine is doing the same thing and I hate it! I hope theres a fix soon

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you go into the Camera settings, do you see an option to save the image as the preview?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLSgrNyq3Hd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did what you suggested (save as preview) and it just stopped the flip.  Still zoomed in

@SamsungRei wrote:

If you go into the Camera settings, do you see an option to save the image as the preview?