JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front facing camera all the sudden zoomed in

(Topic created: 04-19-2019 12:11 PM)
user8TNy0cVubH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A couple of weeks ago all the sudden my front camera zooms in after a pic is taken. When I am taking the pic it looks "normal" then when I view the picture it's zoomed in and partly cut off... The camera worked great until then. It may have started with the last update. I am not talking about social media apps, my actual camera app that came with the phone is doing this. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thank you.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
netjeff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Add my wife and I to the group of frustrated users.  Choosing the "group selfie" rather than "single/solo selfie" prevents the zoom/crop.  But still very annoying becuase the "group selfie" setting doesn't stick.  If you forget to choose "group" when you open the selfie camera, it's back to the ugly cropping.  Samsung needs to get rid of the annoying "single/solo selfie" entirely, or else give a setting to turn it off.  Ugh!

usert2Q2mtXPWu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That did it! Thanks!

0 Likes
user8uloeg49pQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Its doesn't work for snapchat I cant zoom out or anything it's just zoomed in on my face

0 Likes
Samsung_saQQ7NG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problemas......

0 Likes
userXY5409OHr1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here. Very frustrating. Many good photo ops ruined by this bug for me 😞

0 Likes
user9SHtJRNF9s
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

all of a sudden after the last software update my front camera zooms in - ridiculous - a $1,000 phone not yet a year old and it's not working right

0 Likes
usermUgndY26ka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just started having this problem. Looks normal as I'm taking the picture but in gallery view everything is so zoomed you can't see a full face. Did the reset. Did not work. 

0 Likes
usermUgndY26ka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Selecting group mode seems to work but why even have the single person mode option? Too close for anyone to want to use it. Please take this option out on the next update. 

userCwPgE1AA6h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anyone have a solution yet other than having to switch to group selfie?? Also having this problem and it is recent. I didn't have this problem until I had to replace my previous S9 through insurance. Very annoying. As someone else said we spend A LOT of money on these phones!

0 Likes
TT_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userCwPgE1AA6h 

I also experienced this, but it's not a big problem in comparison with the quality of the selfie picture when NOT zoom in, it's super blurry when you take the phone far away from you, did you observe such issue as well?

Also, the MOST critical issue for S9+ camera is the error "Failed Camera" while trying to take many pictures in horizontal order in a day. I'm frustrated with Samsung right now coz there is NO permanent fix (I checked & many others have the same problem last year 2018).

The workaround is to clear cache + data + reset the phone, but how can I just do this stuff every 1 week to solve the problem? Then spend time to configure the camera again.
Did you also experience this issue?