cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usery1jsnuSl8F
Constellation

G960USQU3CSAB Random Pop Up Ads

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm have a problem with Random Pop-up Add's popping up now at times when they never did before. This started after I did the new update G960USQU3CSAB. I could be watching Netflix, texting on Google Hangout with a friend, listening to Amazon Music and also when my screen is unlocked on and just idle. These random Pop-ups come up and take up the whole screen. I never had this happen before except when I would be playing a game and I finished a level. Now it's random and does not matter what my phone is doing.

Is there a way to stop these random Pop-ups? I have done adware scans, worm scans, trojon scans, malware scans and short of doing a factory rest, nothing has been found that even hits at a solution.

Even now as I'm typing this an add pops up for Free Ace Ant..

Other then a factory reset, how can this be solved?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usery1jsnuSl8F
Constellation

Re: G960USQU3CSAB Random Pop Up Ads

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't tried running my device in safe mode. However, I thought back to the last few apps that I installed. Two of them were language translation apps that had high reviews. I uninstalled both translation apps and the adds stopped. 

It was not the Update. Just an app that I had installed. I thought it might have been the update because I had just installed the 2 apps the day before and did not notice the pop-up ads until after the update.

If I remember correctly the two apps were Speak to Voice Translator & Translate Voice. I had deleted them from my apps & games Library.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do these ads pop up when the device is in safe mode?

usery1jsnuSl8F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't tried running my device in safe mode. However, I thought back to the last few apps that I installed. Two of them were language translation apps that had high reviews. I uninstalled both translation apps and the adds stopped. 

It was not the Update. Just an app that I had installed. I thought it might have been the update because I had just installed the 2 apps the day before and did not notice the pop-up ads until after the update.

If I remember correctly the two apps were Speak to Voice Translator & Translate Voice. I had deleted them from my apps & games Library.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usery1jsnuSl8F wrote:

I'm have a problem with Random Pop-up Add's popping up now at times when they never did before. This started after I did the new update G960USQU3CSAB. I could be watching Netflix, texting on Google Hangout with a friend, listening to Amazon Music and also when my screen is unlocked on and just idle. These random Pop-ups come up and take up the whole screen. I never had this happen before except when I would be playing a game and I finished a level. Now it's random and does not matter what my phone is doing.

Is there a way to stop these random Pop-ups? I have done adware scans, worm scans, trojon scans, malware scans and short of doing a factory rest, nothing has been found that even hits at a solution.

Even now as I'm typing this an add pops up for Free Ace Ant..

Other then a factory reset, how can this be solved?

Hey @usery1jsnuSl8F, sorry to hear that this is happening to you. Right off the bat, I can tell you this isn't something caused from the latest update that you're running on your device (also, thanks for providing the build number!)

It sounds like you have an app that is taking advantage of your device and is pouring out ads. An easy way to verify this is to boot into safe mode (a guide can be found here.)

Once you are able to verify that this issue is gone in safe mode, my best suggestion is to go through your apps and review which ones contain ads. Once you remove the app, the ads should go away. If you don't mind, you can share your apps list with me and I can help you narrow down the app.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.